We launched our new website on www.cdes.org.mm
To Access our new website, Please Click Here
Here's a little about what we're up to.
The main objectives of the Burma Centre for Ethnic Studies are:
- To promote Peace and Reconciliation;
- To promote the ideas and practices of democracy, human rights and federalism;
- To promote constitutional knowledge, the rule of law and good governance;
- To expand and consolidate the network of organizations and leaders to promote autonomy and internal self-determination within a federal arrangement as a means of addressing and ending ethnic armed conflict in the Union of Burma.
- To engage in research and publication on democratic principles, human rights and federalism to disseminate knowledge.
- To organize policy studies, forums and conferences to advance public policy for peace and development.
- To conduct activities for the development of the rule of law, human rights, democracy and effective and accountable governance.
- To engage in programs to promote and develop democratic and political institutions.
- To initiate programs and activities to assist the strengthening of good governance and evolving meaningful policies to make effective autonomy and internal self-determination in member states of the Union.
- To develop new strategies and communication networks to strengthen communication between ethnic areas and the central Burma.
Get in touch.
Call us, write us, or email us.
Phone: +95 (0)9 40154 0053, +95 (0)9 26499 0639, +95 (0)9 25620 7630
Address: 3C5, Yankin Center, Yankin Township, Yangon, Myanmar.